Learn How to Help Annie Raise Funds for a Second Room to Read School!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Schools Celebrate Books during "Read Across America" Month.





I'm sorry it's been so long since I blogged. My life has been full! I've finished a number of new books, (which I'll write about in future posts) I was quite sick but now am well, (thank goodness!) and I've visited many schools. But this last few weeks have been extra special! I spent many days in local schools to help them celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday and "Read Across America" month. The schools I visited had many lively activities going on; volunteers read their favorite books to students, teachers and students wore P.J.s. so they'd be comfortable for their day of reading, families came out in droves for a book fair and story reading and kids had a great time participating in my readings and workshops. But my favorite moments were seeing classrooms full of kids engrossed in their favorite books!

Lots of Cordova Meadows' students wanted to play the classic instruments I brought. Those that got to play them did an awesome job!



Thank you to Coyle School's sixth graders who did a beautiful job drawing a fleet of Treasure Ships!
Teaching is the best job in the world!


It's never a dull moment for the students who play traditional instruments during my story readings!

No comments: